CreateMyCity Forum Forum Index CreateMyCity Forum
The first and biggest MyMinicity International Community.

FAQFAQ  PortalPortal  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CreateMyCity Forum Forum Index -> Tips, Scripts and Websites -> Help, Tips, Tutorials
Previous topic :: Next topic  
MUSHpark
Mayor
Mayor

Capricorne (22déc-19jan) Male 馬 Cheval
My minicity: URL

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan - 18:45 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

As the Noobs FAQ points out, there are simple formulas to calculate the effect of the various input values on unemployment, transportation, and criminality.

However, the calculation of pollution is much more complex because there are interactions.

ind and env are the only individual contributors (increase in percentage pollution of ind * 5 / pop, and decrease in percentage pollution of about env * 7.25 / pop).

However, pop, tra, and com also have an effect, but it is in combination by multiplying it by other factors.  The table below is an estimate that I hope to refine:

pop*com
pop*env-0.00275
pop*tra0.0020
com*tra-0.0160
env*ind0.0035
env*tra0.0106
ind*tra-0.0080

The interesting thing to do once these coefficients are nailed down is to use them to come up with an ideal strategy for using com.  I'll post updates on this thread as I make progress.

Also click: MUSHpark | All Roads | Tree Huggers | Police State
Exchanges: Yarold's | MyMiniCity click exchange
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan - 18:45 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Jef
City Speaker
City Speaker

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan - 18:19 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

Is it possible to hit cities with industry ??? So they cause cities to go down on ranking,

or do you think (like me), that it has little effect as long as positive clicks keep on coming.

Myminicity Click Exchange (Terredefeu.fr)

Checkout BeatBox.Be

MUSHpark
Mayor
Mayor

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan - 19:45 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

As long as positive clicks keep coming, it's impossible to damage a city.

One thing you CAN do if you're trying to damage a city is to use the CMC Booster (on an undesirable stat) right after the daily reset, and use up as many known proxies as you can.  This will prevent the target from being able to use those same proxies to recover.

I'm still working on a complete model for pollution so I can determine whether to waste any clicks on com.

Visit poster’s website
Jef
City Speaker
City Speaker

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan - 20:07 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

great, keep the info coming.

It also seems Goon town has targeted BeatBox.Be Town. It's hard to find proxies that they haven't used allready.

Myminicity Click Exchange (Terredefeu.fr)

Checkout BeatBox.Be

MUSHpark
Mayor
Mayor

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan - 20:59 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

The daily reset happens at 23.00 GMT (which i think is midnight in France).  You should time your CMC proxy run to be happening right at that turnover, then you will get the first chance at the proxies.

I don't know if that time will change when they switch to summer time, but we have a few months before that happens.

Regarding my earlier comment, cities are damaged randomly when stats aren't perfect, but as long as you try to keep up with whatever they're doing against you, you can sometimes turn it to your benefit.

Visit poster’s website
Shmeker
City Speaker
City Speaker

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan - 09:19 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

Hey, isn't France GMT? Or maybe I'm just a dumba*s Laughing

Tototte
Mayor
Mayor

Verseau (20jan-19fev) Female 鼠 Rat

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan - 18:10 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

France is GMT+1 (winter hour) GMT+2 (summer hour) but we have some time before the summer hour
(LOL)

Shmeker
City Speaker
City Speaker

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan - 22:28 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

Ok, I am a dumba*s Very Happy

back on topic, sry for offing

MUSHpark
Mayor
Mayor

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan - 01:42 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

And back to the original topic.... I'm still working on reverse engineering the pollution calculation.  I have done many experiments.  This is what I know so far:

1. tra and sec have no effect on pollution

2. pop and com have a small effect on pollution, and the com effect is 2 x the effect of an added population

3. the effect due to env and ind varies... the bigger the difference (more ind than the env can handle) the smaller effect it has, so the first couple of ind cause much more population than those same ind added once there is already a lot of pollution.  I think it might be an exponential increase.  So the formula for population probably includes exponentiation.

Visit poster’s website
Hitsugaya
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan - 17:39 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

MUSHpark wrote:
the bigger the difference (more ind than the env can handle) the smaller effect it has, so the first couple of ind cause much more population than those same ind added once there is already a lot of pollution

OMG, are you sure of this ? I'm very surprised Motion Twin uses such rules, I was expecting linear rules only Fou ... In this case, formulas will look like Ogame's one, not very simple to write a good model for this, and in this case it must be rather hard to collect significant datas... If we can help you, just ask other members on this topic...

*** No message for the moment Mr. Green ***

Visit poster’s website
MUSHpark
Mayor
Mayor

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan - 18:39 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

I'm sure it's non-linear if you are comparing to percentage of population.

But I was realizing, maybe the percentage is based on industry, not population.  So I will play around with it some more.  That would explain my data.

Visit poster’s website
Hitsugaya
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan - 18:51 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

Hum no, we know that population have an significant influence on pollution, there no doubt on this Wink

*** No message for the moment Mr. Green ***

Visit poster’s website
MUSHpark
Mayor
Mayor

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan - 22:26 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

Hitsugaya wrote:

Hum no, we know that population have an significant influence on pollution, there no doubt on this Wink
Yes, I know this. I mean that instead of dividing by population to get percentage (like the other three stats) in case of pollution you divide by industry.

I have determined with certainty this is the case.  I am refining the coefficients and I think I will have something to post in just a few minutes.

Visit poster’s website
MUSHpark
Mayor
Mayor

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan - 22:51 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

OK!  I have determined the formula!

Pollution percentage = (0.1 * population + 0.3 * com - 2 * env + ind - 200) / ind

To calculate the integer pollution statistic, multiply percentage by 100 and round to nearest integer, but .5 rounds down.

Now, on to part 2, which is to determine based on this formula, whether it is useful to have com, or not.

Visit poster’s website
Shmeker
City Speaker
City Speaker

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan - 23:31 (2008)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy Reply with quote

Way to go mate, keep up the good work Okay

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:56 (2017)    Post subject: A formula for pollution, and how it affects strategy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CreateMyCity Forum Forum Index -> Tips, Scripts and Websites -> Help, Tips, Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation